Annual Members' Meeting & Reception
Held in March, this special event is an opportunity for Philanthropy Network Greater Philadelphia members to come together to celebrate the collective strength and diversity of our network. Members are invited to gather with friends and peers to welcome new colleagues, elect new board officers and directors, learn about future plans for the association from Philanthropy Network's leadership and hear keynote remarks by a leader in the philanthropic sector.
A member appreciation presentation was added to the program in 2010 to honor some of the individuals and organizations that demonstrated outstanding commitment to the network. The event concludes with a popular networking reception.
Here are a few snapshots from past meetings:
2015 Left: Network Executive Director MAARI PORTER (left) and Director of Member Services ASHLEY FEUER-EDWARDS thank outgoing board President SUSAN A. SEGAL, Lincoln Financial Foundation for her service; Right: Newly-elected President PAUL DiLORENZO, Stoneleigh Foundation, moderates a Q&A with speakers CAROL COLETTA, John S. and James L. Knight Foundation and Philadelphia MAYOR MICHAEL NUTTER.
>> MORE from 2015
2014 Left: Board president Susan Segal, Lincoln Financial Foundation, observes artist Joe Azar create a graphic illustration of Philanthropy Network's "Next Chapter"; Right: Enjoying the reception are: Mindy Zacharjasz , Philadelphia School Partnership, Helen Cunningham, Samuel S. Fels Fund, Alice Antonelli, Nonprofit Finance Fund, and AJ Jordan, Wells Fargo.
>> MORE from 2014
2013 Left: Retiring board member D-L Casson, Union Benevolent Association (left) welcomes new members Ken Scott and Christine Brown from Alston Beech Foundation; Right: Speaker Doug Bauer, Executive Director of The Clark Foundation, delivers his remarks, "A Grantmaking Formula for the New Normal.”
>> MORE from 2013
Philanthropy Network Greater Philadelphia’s annual fall conference is the premier event for regional funders to join with their grantmaking peers, nonprofit executives and other civic leaders for a day of networking and shared learning on important trends and issues impacting philanthropy and regional giving.
Philanthropy Network presents top-notch national speakers who address timely topics of interest to the regional grantmaking community. Speakers at past conferences have included:
• Paul Brest, President, William and Flora Hewlett Foundation
• Emmett D. Carson, Ph.D, CEO and President, Silicon Valley Community Foundation
• Christine DeVita, President, The Wallace Foundation
• Kathleen P. Enright, President and CEO, Grantmakers for Effective Organizations (GEO)
• Michele Jolin, White House Senior Advisor for Social Innovation for the Domestic Policy Council
• Dr. Claire Gaudiani, author and past President, Connecticut College
• Andy Goodman, Communications Consultant and Trainer
• Alberto Ibargüen, President, John S. and James L. Knight Foundation
• Dr. Paul C. Light, author and NYU Wagner Professor of Public Service
• Robert Lewis, Jr., Vice President for Program, The Boston Foundation
• Dr. Manuel Pastor, Professor, Sociology and American Studies & Ethnicity, University of Southern California
• Ralph R. Smith, Senior Vice President, Annie E. Casey Foundation
• Bill Strickland, President and CEO, Manchester Bidwell Corporation
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING . . .
Here are a few comments attendees have made about our fall conference:
"I am always struck by the care and planning that is put into these conferences and enjoy the opportunity to learn and exchange ideas."
* * *
"This was one of the most relevant, most well-organized and well thought out conferences that I've attended.”
* * *
"This was an awesome opportunity for our organization. It was helpful to hear the challenges, new directions and needs of funders. The exchange of thoughts and questions between organizations in need of funding and organizations that have funding available was enlightening.”
* * *
"The value of your conferences is something to look forward to every year. Keep up the great work!"
* * *
"This was my first conference but I anticipate that it will be very important part of my fall schedule in future years.”
Dr. Manuel Pastor University of Southern California
Grantmakers for Effective Organizations
Robert Lewis, Jr.
The Boston Foundation
William and Flora Hewlett Foundation
Featured video from our 2009 conference:
Information * Innovation * Inspiration
"A View from my Stoop"
Produced by 1812 Productions
Written and performed by Jennifer Childs